#31 — Motivation, inspiration, perspiration TOGETHER
Reasons I love CrossFit:
- These crazies are my peeps! The ones who encourage me, give me tips, and motivate me to be the best and do my best! I hope I do the same for them!!!
- What a blessing to get to know people I wouldn’t normally get to know if not for CrossFit
- Occasionally children are hanging out
- No mirrors
- Easy to keep track of your progress
- Everyone doing the same thing (although scaled for most) – we are in this together!!!
- Very little (if any) complaining
- Camaraderie from start to finish and in between
- High fives and fist pumps when it’s over
- Questions when you miss a day
- Personalized, professional, caring coaching every single session
- Tips from other athletes (much appreciated!)
- Low brow workout clothes – no Lululemon to be found
- Trying really, really hard is the ultimate respect
- Messy hair – don’t care
- People bringing in their dogs
- While you are catching your breath after a hard workout, you won’t be surprised when someone has put away your weights without a word to you. You also do the same for others!
- Share your support and encouragment but not your germs! Thoughtfulness abounds when athletes wipe down their weight bars, rings, seats, handles and anything else they touched with antibacterial spray – especially nice during flu season
- The PR (personal record) bell ringing to everyone’s applause
- and more that I will add as I think of them….
For me, I just could not get fit at one of the 24 Hour Fitness gyms of the world. If you don’t show up there, nobody cares. You get a PR, you’d feel pretty silly giving the guy next to you a high five.
FUN FACT: I love rainy weather (probably because it hardly ever rains in Southern California).